Happy 4th of July from Lumos Solar
This photo - sent to us yesterday by Craig Merrigan, the President of Spotlight Solar, the innovator behind the solar "trees"in this photo - represents everything we love about being an American renewable energy company:
- The creative, architectural use of Lumos LSX clear backsheet frameless modules.
- Lumos Solar’s inspired collaboration with Spotlight Solar, another American renewable energy company.
- The installation’s location at a new public school building that is being constructed to LEED Platinum standards.
The Sandy Grove Middle School in Hoke County, North Carolina is groundbreaking in many ways, ways that also represent the impressive potential of clean energy in America. The school is the first public-private partnership financed school in the state, and the second of its kind in the country. With geothermal heating and cooling systems, as well as a large photovoltaic system, the school will produce more energy than it consumes. The extra energy will go into the grid. The combination will save the Hoke County School System and taxpayers almost $35 million over the next 40 years.
Talk about a win win win scenario:
- The private sector will make money.
- The public sector will save money.
- The energy system will be so clean and safe that school children will be able to attend class in the very facility where the energy is being produced.
Chalk one up to true energy independence in America!
Happy Independence Day from all of us at Lumos Solar!